Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I'm Thankful Day #8

Today I'm thankful for my aunties. When it comes to my upbringing the saying "It takes a village to raise a child" is more than fitting. I was lucky enough to have several people helping to make me the person I am today.

I'm thankful that Aunt Jean took me my first semester of college. Even though, according to her I was at times a less then exemplary house guest, she let me spread my wings and learn to fly. With her gentle coaching I learned who I could be, once I got rid of a lot of the hurt I carried around. Her great advice and open ears got me through more than one rough spot in my life. To this day, I know I can call her and talk to her if I need to. She's always there for me. We've had so many fantastic conversations over the years. I'm truly blessed to have had the opportunity to build a wonderful relationship with her. I also have her to thank for my love of Diet Coke and dark chocolate. :)

I'm also so very thankful for my Aunt Carol. She has been a great influence in my adult life. She always has an ear to listen and great advice to give. I enjoy the friendship that we have more than I could ever explain. I am so proud of her for realizing her dream and making it come true. Her strength and determination are definitely and inspiration to me. I'm so thankful that I can call her any time, day or night, and she's there for me.

I'm so very blessed to have two fantastic women in my life. They have both held my hand while I cried and while I laughed. They love my daughters with all their hearts. I can honestly say that not only are we family but also we're friends. I'm so incredibly lucky that I've been able to foster such great relationships with two remarkable women. I know that if I become half the women they are, I'll be doing just fine. I love you both tons and tons.

No comments: