Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I'm Thankful Day #21

I'm thankful for forgiveness. I'm having one of those introspective days. It's taken me and my family (Dad, stepmom, sister, brothers) along time to get where we are. None of that would be possible with out the power of forgiveness. It's not always necessary to hear the words "I'm sorry" because in this case actions truly do speak louder than words. I went from having no contact with my family to being fully immersed in their world. It's such a wonderful feeling. I can pick up the phone and have a conversation with any of them at any time. (Well, maybe not in the middle of the night...they'd probably be a little upset at a 3:00 am phone call just to chat.) You've read about my Dad and my sister and someday soon you'll read about my stepmom and none of them would be in my life without forgiveness.

No comments: