Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009--A year in review

2009 was a pretty good year in the Collins house!

Adelae turned 2 and continued her obsession with Cinderella.


She made leaps and bounds with her learning. She is almost fully potty trained, she knows all the sounds the letters make and is *this* close to reading. She learned how to write her name and most of her letters. She amazes me on a daily basis with her brilliant mind. (I know I'm a little biased, but writing at two? Come on! That's just plain smart!)


In July God blessed us with our beautiful Brinna Leah.

She's 5 months old now and I can hardly believe it! It constantly amazes me how much babies learn and how quickly they learn it! She's been doing some pretty cute baby things. Her new trick is to lay on her back, lift her feet up and slam them back to the floor. Then she looks at me and laughs. Too cute right?!

Ben and I are doing well. We're adjusting to life with two kids. It's not as hard as I thought it would be. We did hit a bit of a rough patch, but we pulled through it. We are trying very hard to take time for just us. We've been trying to do a date night at least once a month. It's not easy for me to leave my kids, but I can honestly say that our marriage is much stronger. Our nights out give us a chance to enjoy each others company and to reconnect.

If you read my blog, you know that I found God again this year. This is a big change for me and my family. Ben and I are so much stronger than we were a year ago, not just as husband and wife, but as parents as well.


I am really looking forward to 2010. This is the year Adelae will start preschool, Brinna will reach so many milestones this year, Ben and I will continue to grow as a couple and as parents and we're going to win the lottery. Ok, we might not win the lottery, but all that other stuff will happen! This time next year will be so different!

Farewell 2009! Welcome 2010! I can't wait to see what you hold for us!

No comments: