Saturday, August 8, 2009

Beyond Lazy

This weeks Small Talk Six topic is "6 things people do that you think are beyond lazy"

1. Not putting the clothes in the hamper after shower/bath. The hamper sits literally right outside the bathroom door. I don't understand what it SO hard about tossing the clothes in when you leave the bathroom.

2. Leaving dirty dishes sit in the living room. I admit, I'm guilty of this on occasion, but my husband is the biggest offender. I love waking up and seeing dirty milk glasses or cereal bowls.

3. Not putting your cart away at the store. It's so frustrating! There are cart corrals ALL over the place! Walk the extra 10 steps and put the darn thing away!

4. Not helping to bag your own groceries when the store is busy and obviously short handed, and then demanding that someone help you out with your groceries. I saw a woman do this at Kroger. The store was way busier than they had anticipated, so they were short on baggers. I would guess the woman was about my age and she made the elderly cashier bag and load all of her groceries. Then she had the nerve to demand that someone help her out to her car.

5. Only buttoning the top and bottom buttons on your pants. Ben does this all the time. He says it's because it's too much work to button the ones in the middle. I swear, it's true!

6. Driving around the parking lot for ages, just to find a closer spot. I see people doing this all the time. It makes me crazy! And to go along with that, when people follow you when you're walking to your car. I get all paranoid that they're trying to kidnap my kids or something. I can sort of understand if the parking lot is totally full, but otherwise, just go park your car! Chances are, you could use the exercise anyway.

For more Small Talk Six, click the button in my side bar, or head on over to MomDot.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Good one on #4. I always help when it's busy, mostly because I want to hurry up and get out of there lol

Dee said...

You have a beautiful family! I hate when they leave dishes all over the house, drives me crazy!!

I posted my 6 this weekend end, visit me if you can
http://runakodesigns.blogspot.com

Susan Heim said...

#1 and #6 are on my list, too. I love the one about leaving dirty dishes out in the living room, too. I find dirty glasses in my teenagers' rooms, as well.

My list is here:
http://susanheim.blogspot.com/2009/08/small-talk-six-how-lazy-can-you-get.html