Thursday, June 11, 2009

What do you mean I'm an adult?

I have finally come to the realization this year that I'm an adult. You'd think having a child and getting married would make me feel like an adult, but nope! I can actually remember the moment when I realized I was a "grown up." I was substituting at the high school for a class of seniors. They were talking about going off to college and how they were all going to remain best friends forever. I shook my head and said "So much will change for you in the next year. You will come out of your first year of college a totally different person. Enjoy the ride cause it's a great one!" Then it hit me! An "old" person said that almost exact same thing to me once! I thought "Crap! I'm an ADULT! I totally didn't see that one coming!" Then I had to chuckle. Being adult is pretty awesome! Yeah, I have to do stuff I don't like, like balancing the checkbook, sticking to a budget, dishes, cleaning in general, getting up early, etc. BUT there are so many cool things I DO get to do! I get to snuggle my little girl, watch her grow, eat a meal I prepared with my own two hands, go on dates with my husband, plan parties, have parties, have a drink, etc. I have gotten to repair old relationships and make fantastic new ones with the other "adults" in my family. I am realizing that age really is just a number! I plan to live my life to it's fullest, whether I'm 31, 51, 61, 71 or 81. Being an adult is pretty awesome stuff!

No comments: