Sunday, September 6, 2009

Conversations with Adelae

Adelae and I have some of the best conversations. Her wit and brains never fail to amaze me. I thought I'd occasionally share those conversations with you. I promise, I don't make this stuff up (Remember this post?)

We have company coming over today. Normally, I make sure Adelae is dressed nice and her hair looks pretty, lately she has other ideas though. I dressed her in some older clothes this morning, thinking I would change her before company came. This is what happened..

Me: Hey Adelae, let's put on our nice clothes now.

A: No mommy.

Me: Company will be here in a little bit. Let's take off your play clothes and put on the pretty ones Mommy picked out.

A: I don't think so.

Me: Why not?

A: I don't wanna

Me: Come on, let's get dressed

A: (With a total dead pan expression) It'll be just fine Mommy. I like this shirt. Look at all the pretty colors. Hayden will like it.

Umm....what am I suppose to say to that?

Me: At least let me do your hair.

A: Nope!

Me: It's hanging in your face. It needs a pony tail.

A: Mommy! I SAID it's FINE! I'm PRETTY!

Umm...what am I suppose to say to THAT?

So, she's wearing her very colorful tie dyed shirt that's at least two sizes too big, her hair is a mess, and she's sporting two goose eggs, a black eye and a fat lip (no I don't hit her...she's a klutz).

No comments: