Tuesday, September 15, 2009

2 Years and Counting




Today is Ben and I's two year wedding anniversary! It seems so crazy to me that it's only been two years. I feel like we've been married for so much longer! I think that's mostly because things have always been so easy with Ben. I'm not saying we don't fight, because we do! Boy do we! :) But after it's all said and done, he's still the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. I never once had any second thoughts about marrying him. I knew, and still know, that he's my soul mate.

I always wanted Prince Charming to sweep me off my feet. If you know Ben, he's not the sweep you off your feet kind of guy. He's more like the "Puke on your head and not call you the next day cause he's hanging out with his ex-girlfriend" kind of guy. Yeah...all you that know the story, take a minute and have a good laugh. If you don't know the story..well..if you beg hard enough, I'll tell it to you some day.

I find myself, on our anniversary, not reliving our wedding day, but our first date. (No, not the one where he puked on my head, but our first real date.) It was awful and wonderful at the same time. My car wouldn't start (turns out it wasn't in Park all the way..I'm kind of an idiot that way), he had bought strawberry daiquiri mix but didn't have a blender and he rented the worst movie I've ever seen (The Fog). But it all worked out. My car eventually started (must put in PARK first...duh!), we scrapped the idea of daiquiris (I'm more of a beer girl anyway) and laughed our way through The Fog. (Seriously, it's horrible..don't ever watch it.) We also went to dinner which went really well until I asked him if he wanted kids and he almost choked on his Chicken Bryan. (Little did he know I'd wind up pregnant three months later! HA!)
We've had a tough few years. We've dealt with stresses lots of couples never even have to deal with and have managed to come out on the other side. I know now why people say marriage is work. It is, but it's worth every penny. I know it's worth it cause he still makes my heart beat fast, I still think he's the sexiest man alive, and I still want to spend every waking moment with him.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Awww....congrats on two years! I hope Ben knows how lucky he is to have you! :)

B. said...

Sexy? Have you seen his skinny little chicken legs? Ha ha, congrats!