Friday, September 4, 2009

I hate cleaning

I've always hated cleaning, always. Anybody who knows me, or lived with me, will tell you that. My bedroom was always a disaster. Most of the time, the carpet was obscured by clothes, books, and other junk. I never cared, I just stepped on it, or over it. Of course, this led to a lot of laundry. When I was in college, same thing..I'm not sure if my apartments even had carpet. I'm not ashamed to admit it, I was a slob! I really thought that something would happen to me when I grew up. I kept thinking that maybe being neat and orderly came with being an adult. When I had Adelae, I kept waiting for the cleaning fever to hit me. It never did. When I got married, I kept waiting for the cleaning fever to hit me. It never did. Now that I'm 31, a wife, and a mother of two, I've realized that cleaning fever will never hit me. I'm not as bad as I used to be. The dishes are usually done once a day, most of the rooms in my house have visible carpet (I said most..) and there aren't dirty dishes from who knows when in the living room. There is still laundry everywhere though. I hate laundry more than I hate dishes, and that's saying a lot. I love the house when it's clean. I always vow that I'm going to keep it that way. Then, about two days later, it's a disaster again. We're having a party tomorrow. The house is a cluttered mess. Am I cleaning? Clearly not, since I'm typing this. I honestly think if I could hire one person, it would be a maid. I dream of hiring a maid. Seriously, I really do! I dream of clean counters, a clutter free desk, clean floors, a sparkling clean bathroom, and a place for everything and everything in it's place. Ahhh....pure bliss! But, since we can't afford a maid, I better get back to cleaning for the party!

No comments: