Thursday, July 23, 2009

In less than two days...

Baby Brinna Leah Collins will be here! As I mentioned previously, I decided to go ahead and schedule a c-section. The wonderful nurses at my doctor's office convinced my OB that it would be best for everyone involved if we did the c-section ASAP. I was hoping for Thursday (today) and she was thinking Monday, so we compromised on Saturday. Brinna's official birthday will be July 25, 2009. HOORAY! Ben and I are beyond excited. I think Adelae is too. The other evening she told me "Mommy, you go hospital and have Baby Brinna now. I stay with Audrey." It is possible that she just wanted me out of the way so she could play. But, I prefer to think it's because she's excited about being a big sister. :) My surgery is scheduled for 11:30 am, but there is a real possibility that it could take place earlier in the morning. It all depends on how the surgery scheduled before mine goes. I will be in the hospital until Monday, at the earliest, and Tuesday, at the latest. Ben was able to take all of next week off work, so he'll be around to help. He's already graciously volunteered to change all the diapers! He really did! I didn't even ask! What a great daddy!

I will be internetless (is that a word?) while in the hospital. I keep trying to tell Ben that he should get me a laptop so I can Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and Blog from the hospital, but he doesn't seem to think that's necessary. ;) Ben and I will both have our cell phones, so I'll make sure to call everyone as soon as I can. You can bet that if I don't call you, my dad or mom (depending on who you are) will! We'll be at Dupont Hospital in Fort Wayne, so if you're bored come and see us! We love visitors! And come see us at home too! I love visitors. I can't promise my house will be clean, that I'll be showered, or even awake, but we'd love to see you!!!!

Say a little prayer that everything goes smoothly and my recovery is quick and relatively painless. Say a little prayer for Brinna too! I don't expect any problems or complications, but it's comforting to know that God is watching over us.

3 comments:

Ashley T said...

I can't wait! I'm so excited for you! Baby time!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you! I hope everything goes perfectly and I cannot wait to see your beautiful baby!

The Seattle Smiths said...

Yay - congratulations! Thinking about you and wishing you all the best! =)