About my teachers!
1. Did they ever gossip about the kids in the teacher's lounge? The answer is yes!
2. I still wonder about my high school Science teacher. He was extremely touchy with the boys, almost to the point of inappropriate. One time he smacked me across the face with a rolled up stack of tests. I still wonder how he got away with behaving like that. I hated him. In fact, I think my hatred of Science can be attributed to him!
3. I wonder what happened to my Educational Psychology teacher from college. He was the nicest man, but the worst teacher. All he did was make outlines from the book, put them on transparency, then read them to us. Of course, all his tests were application questions that he never covered in class. I also wonder why he never got the hint that he was a bad teacher. Everyone always failed his tests. In fact, I remember one test he had to grade on a huge curve because the highest grade was 46%!
4. I always wondered if the really young teachers ever got crushes on their students.
5. If you are an elementary teacher, is it mandatory to wear the sweaters with the little things embroidered on them? (aka pumpkins for Halloween, leaves for fall, turkeys for Thanksgiving, Christmas trees for Christmas, etc).
6. What did they do during the summer, especially the teachers with out kids. Did they have to get summer jobs? Or did they get to lay in the sun all summer? Maybe go on a three month vacation? I think that three month break was one of the reasons I wanted to be a teacher so bad!