Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Sleeping and Fighting

I'm trying to post a little more regularly. I'm not really sure if anyone actually reads this thing though. I know people do when I tell them about it, but do people actually check in on a regular basis?

I am proud to announce that my little one has discovered the art of sleeping through the night. It's been going on for about 3 weeks now. It's wonderful!!!! One night, she just decided that she was going to sleep all night. She's getting really good at putting herself back to sleep too. YAY!!! I get 8+ hours of sleep most nights. It's wonderful to feel refreshed in the morning. I certainly don't miss the midnight feedings. Of course, I still get up once to check on her. I don't plan it, it just happens.

So, most people know that we've had some really crappy neighbors here in this apt. A few months ago a young couple moved in next door. I was really hoping they were going to be nice and quiet. No such luck. They fight ALL the time. And not just arguing, but full-blown fighting and screaming. Not such a big deal...until they take it into the hallway. Then we can hear it and if Adelae's napping or sleeping, it wakes her up. Last night (well this morning I guess) at about 4:30 am I shot upright in bed. Ben wasn't there. I am always a little dioriented if I wake up and he's not there. He was crouched down by the window looking at the neighbors fighting. It must have been really loud to wake up Ben (he's a very sound sleeper). He said they were screaming and slamming car doors. They were at it bright and early this morning too. My question is....why do people fight literally ALL the time for HOURS on end and still stay in the relationship? I had a relationship where we ALWAYS fought when we drank, but we got along most of the other time. It's so sad to hear them put themselves through that. I'm nosy, and none of this is really my business, but what can I say ;)

No comments: