Thursday, January 10, 2008

Back into the work force

I realized the other day that I have been a stay at home mom for over a year! Wow! I don't think I've ever gone this long without a job. Not that staying at home isn't a job. I realize that I used to be a such a social person, and now..not so much. I think it's time to get back into the work force. Not to mention that the money would really help out. Ben works so hard and it seems a little unfair that he shoulders all the financial burden of this family. Plus, it would be nice to have a little extra money. We have to move in July and it would be nice to be able to buy a house. We've come to the realization that it's just not a possibility at this time. I'm seriously considering going back into teaching. I'll probably just sub for this semester at least. I'm hoping over the summer I can get re-certified and start looking for some jobs. With Ben's work schedule, it's really a possibility. I hate to put my little one in daycare, but we'll see what happens. I know the teaching market around here isn't nearly as tough as it was in Ohio. After all, I did spend 5years and lots of money to get my degree. It would be kind of nice to use it again. I suppose I shouldn't let one bad experience totally color the way I feel about teaching. I still have a passion for the job. I know I would be a wonderful teacher. A lot of my heasitation comes froma fear of the unknown. I know it will be a lot of work, but I think I can do it. I'm sure my parents would be glad to see me put my education to work for me. Wish me luck!

No comments: