Thursday, January 3, 2008

Hole? What hole?!

Boy has it been a busy day around here! First thing this morning I realized that my phone is busted. I still can't figure out what's wrong with it. I guess that'll teach me to let my little one play with it. At least she was quiet for a few minutes!! We had to take Adelae to the pediatric cardiologist today. Of course, I leave the directions at home, so we get totally lost. Thank goodness for the really nice guy at Krispy Kreme (not to mention their delicious coffee!) who gave me the proper directions. Keep in mind, not only were we lost, but also almost out of gas. I really thought we were going to kill each other! Neither of us do well when we're lost and running late. It's a good thing we love each other. That's one thing that I love about my husband. When we bicker over stupid things, as soon as we hug, it's all done and over with.

After we get to the cardiologist (10 mins late) we have to wait forever, as you do in drs offices. They finally get us back to a room, and we have to wait even longer! They weighed Adelae and she was 19 lbs (2 lbs gained in a month!) and 29 1/4 inches long! She gets her height from her daddy. Then we wait longer. It was getting a little frustrating! Finally, we get to the echo room. The gentleman that did her echo cardiogram was wonderful. Adelae drank her bottle and cuddled her Sally (Thanks Aunt Jean!) and was really wonderful through the whole thing. Here comes the good part.......the hole is totally gone! :) He gave her a total clean bill of health!! YIPPEE! I didn't realize how worried I was until it was over.

As we were sitting around waiting, I decided to check Adelae's gums to see how her teeth were doing. Ben says I'm a little obsessive about checking for teeth. I noticed that her little gums had a blister! That's a sure sign of her teeth coming through. I'm hoping that she'll get them soon. I'd love for her to be able to eat something besides pasta and chicken.

So, after our trip to the dr, lunch and the grocery store, we finally get home. Adelae decided that she wanted to try walking! She's still only taking a couple of steps at a time, but she's doing it on a more regular basis. She was so pleased with herself. Mommy and Daddy were so very proud of our little girl. She's truly not a little baby anymore *sniff, sniff* Does that mean it's time for #2?

No comments: