Friday, January 11, 2008

Online friends are a life saver

I discovered a wonderful group of online friends shortly after Adelae was born. As a stay at home mom I don't get a lot of interaction with the outside world. I was very heasitant about joining an online community. I found a group of women who all have kids about the same age as Adelae. I started posting more to chat about kids than anything else. In the past 10 months these women have been my lifeline. We talk about our kids, as all mom's will do, but we chat about so much more. It's a place I can go to discuss my marriage, my daughter, the pros and cons of staying at home and so much more. They are my friends. In fact, I consider them very close friends. I have had the wonderful oppourtunity to meet several of them in person. When I need advice, support or jut a place to vent, they are always there. They are non-judgemental and always supportive. I love them all. Not to mention, they provide great comic relief on more than one occasion. I chat with them several times a day. Currently, one of my friends is going through a very hard time. Her mother has been diagnosed with cancer. I ask you all to keep Melissa and her mother in your thoughts and prayers. My only regret is that she lives in Florida and I can't be there in person to support her. To all my Fab Feb Moms...I love you and cherish your friendship. Thank you all so much for being there for me. (((HUGS))) to you all.

Photobucket
Me and some of my Fab Feb Mom friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shaun, You are such a sweetheart! I really truly feel that all of you girls are some of my best friends too! I am thankful to have you in my life!

Angela said...

Yeay for online friends!! :) So glad you're part of the group!

Ashley T said...

We love you too Shaun!!!!