Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thumbs Down

What a pissy day (yes, there is a pun there)! It started off just fine. Adelae and Brinna actually slept in till 8:00 this morning, which is a rarity! It's Thursday and that means payday! And I got the second two episodes of True Blood from NetFlix. Not to mention the sun was out!
My day quickly went down hill though. First Brinna puked on me, nothing really new there, she's kind a pukey baby. Then Adelae threw a fit about eating breakfast, then Brinna puked on me again. About that time the fun REALLY started! Brinna started screaming and wouldn't stop, nothing would appease her. She didn't want to nurse, she screamed when I tried to burp her, her diaper wasn't wet or dirty, sitting didn't work, standing didn't work and I was very close to losing my mind! Then Adelae peed her pants (we've been potty training for over a week now) and cried for about 10 mins because I wouldn't let her put her wet underpants back on (they were Cinderella underpants). I finally broke down and gave Brinna some Mylicon (a gas medicine for babies) in the hopes that I could quiet at least ONE crying child. And it wasn't even 9:30 yet!
Adelae finally decides to put in a pair of panties, she manages to get dressed all by herself (cause "I'm a big girl now Mommy") and Brinna stops crying long enough for me to take a shower. We read "Mabel O'Leary Put Peas In Her Ear-y" and "The Very Lonely Firefly" and a few other books we got from the library. The day was looking up!
Until lunch time, that is. The bread miraculously disappeared, I swear it was there yesterday, but today..POOF..gone! So, no sandwiches (standard lunch fare around here). When I explained to Adelae that we didn't have any bread she flipped out. "But I wanted a sammich Moooommmmmmyyyyyyyy!!" After 10 minutes of explaining that I'd like nothing more than to make her a "sammich" but we don't have any bread, she decides that a hot dog would be ok. I, of course, forget that she likes them "like a 'tick" and cut it up. Apparently, this makes the world end because she shrieks and carries on for a good 5 minutes. This, of course, wakes up Brinna, who had finally started to doze off in the bouncy seat. Honestly, at this point I'm thinking to myself "who can I call to come and take these children for the day!" Instead of shipping them off to the nearest relative, I let the melt down run it's course and nurse the baby (for what seems like the one millionth time since we woke up). Adelae eats her hot dog, then refuses to eat her cheese. So, I send her to time out. (Actually she said "I don't wanna eat my cheese, I wanna sit in time out.") Literally one second later I hear "Mommy I peed!" I'm thinking "Great! She peed in the potty." NO!!! She peed in her pants..AGAIN! Soooo, off she goes to sit on the potty while I try to find her yet another pair of undertpants and pants. I explain to her that we DO NOT PEE IN OUR PANTS! And the little stinker HIT ME! Yes! She HIT ME! So, back to time out she goes. Meanwhile, Brinna is still screaming bloody murder!
At this point, I'm fairly confident that I'm being Punked. I'm sure there are hidden cameras and Ashton Kutcher is going to jump out and say "Surprise!" Sadly, no, this is my actual morning. Sigh.... Since it's nice outside, I decide that we all need to get out of the house. Adelae refuses to put pants on, socks on, or shoes on. I say "Don't you wanna go outside." Her response "No, I just wanna cwy." Finally, she decides that she'll get dressed so we can go outside. I asked her repeatedly if she needs to potty. "Nope!" Is her response every time (keep in mind she had JUST peed her pants about 20 mins prior). And I'll be DAMNED if she didn't PISS HER FREAKING PANTS five seconds later! Seriously! I'm pretty sure there was smoke coming out of my ears at this point.
I decided that we all were more than ready for nap time! Of course, she screamed when she had to put a diaper on. But, that was jut too bad! With any luck, she's sleeping. Brinna drifted off to sleep right after Adelae went upstairs. So, both girls are napping. It's blissfully quiet. Shhhh....don't wake them up!

No comments: