Sunday, October 18, 2009

I'm so relieved

When I took Brinna to our new pediatrician the first time, I thought there was no way that she was going to work out. She is part of a larger practice and the information they handed was against everything I believe in. They believe in Cry It Out, I hate it; they are anti-babywearing, I love it; Cloth diapers were not recommended, we use cloth; they are very anti-co-sleeping; I co-sleep with Brinna and sometimes Adelae. But, I had heard wonderful things about the practice in general and they have weekend hours, so I decided to stick with the practice. I'm so glad I did! When I spoke to our actual pediatrician she told me that she has to hand out the literature, but it isn't necessarily what she believes. She loves cloth diapers, babywearing, and she thinks it's ok to co-sleep, as long as it's done properly. Hooray!!! I'm so glad we didn't switch! She did such an amazing job with both girls. I think after two years and three doctors, we may have finally found a good fit!

Brinna continues to grow like a little weed, but she's still a tiny one. She only weighs 9lbs 8ozs (20%) and is 22 1/4 inches long (45%). She is happy and healthy and reaching all her milestones.

No comments: