Sunday, August 3, 2008

Terrible Twos Already?

I think we may be starting the Terrible Two's at an early age. Lately Adelae has really discovered her independance. We've been dealing with the temper tantrums for quite some time now, but now we've started a new phase. If I tell Adelae 'NO' and point my finger, she pushes my finger away and says "NOOOO." The other day she pushed my face away and said "Bad Mommy." Evidently, she thought it was ok to eat the dog food, and didn't want me telling her any different. If I tell her no, or give her a time out, she won't have anything to do with me for at least an hour, especially if Ben's home! This morning, she was following me around asking my "why?" and saying "do?" (Adelae's version of "what are you doing?") I would tell her what I was doing and that was promptly followed with a "Why?" I've heard that she acts just like her mommy! All I can say to that is "UH OH...We're in trouble!"

However, when she's not testing her limits and my patience, she is the sweetest little girl. She loves to give me big kisses and hugs. She's also learning the phrase "Love you." At least I think that's what she's trying to say. It's like the saying "When she is good, she's very very good, but when she's bad she's HORRID!"

1 comment:

Mrsfroberg said...

Ohhhhhhhhh we're there too!!!