Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What to do when Plan B becomes Plan A

I'm glad that we have a plan now. At least a loose one. We're almost positive we'll be moving to New Haven when our lease is up here. I'm really really hoping we can find a decent house to rent. Adelae is so active that we really need a backyard for her to run and play in. Not to mention, it would be nice to have a little bit of privacy. New Haven seems like a nice small community, but we'd only be about 10 minutes outside of Fort Wayne. Also, it's about 1/2 way between my family Payne and Broughton and my mom. Ben's drive to work would be about the same. This was our original Plan B, so now it's Plan A. I'm still working on an alternate Plan B.

Ben's been working extra hard the last few weeks. He's been working at least 5 and sometimes 6 days a week. It's really taking a toll on him and us too. He's such a hard worker and wants to be an excellent provider for his family. I'm putting an ad in the Journal Gazette (the Ft Wayne paper) advertising my childcare services and I'm hoping that will give me some great leads. I'm almost positive I'll be going back to substitute teaching in the fall. Since Ben will be working weekends still, I'll be able to work during the week and we won't need to worry about daycare. I love staying at home, but we're barely keeping our heads above water. With the extra money, we're hoping to pay off bills and set some aside. We'd like to buy a house eventually, so we need to save up some money for a down payment.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Shaun, have you tried posting on Craig's List (the fort wayne one). If you go to www.craigslist.org you can choose the Fort Wayne one. There is a place to place "Child Care" ads. I know there are a lot of people on there that get really good responses. Just make sure you are posting to the child care area. It is free!

Andrea