Saturday, September 4, 2010

2 times a day


My post op instructions were rather funny. I was told to use Afrin 2 times a day for 2 days. Absolutely no more than that. The post op nurse made a very big deal about that. It was written on the Afrin bottle, on my post op instructions and, just in case we forgot, on a bright yellow post-it note. Apparently Afrin is very addictive. I'm ok with all that. I hate Afrin anyway, so no big deal.

I find it absolutely hilarious that they are so over the top about their Afrin use instructions, yet they prescribed me 120 Lortab (which is basically Vicodin). 120 Vicodin! Yowza! I'm allowed to take 2 every six hours, so roughly 8 a day. Now, I'm bad at math but i think that works out to roughly a 2 week supply. The post op instructions say to take the Lortab for 2 or 3 days. Why did they feel the need to prescribe me enough for 2 weeks? Doesn't it seem like they should be a little more concerned about Lortab addiction?

If they are going to go out of their way to make sure i know Afrin is addictive, shouldn't they do the same for the narcotic? I'm just sayin'......

No comments: