Saturday, April 24, 2010

Our little mini vaca

We were fortunate enough to be able to go to Kalahari about a week ago (ok it was a little longer than a week). I promised to get the pictures up and, well, life just got in the way. I'm working on a rather heavy post for (hopefully) tomorrow, but ya just never know!

We really did have a blast at Kalahari. In case you're not familiar, Kalahari is a massive indoor waterpark. We went to the one in Sandusky, OH and it was a BLAST! When we first got there and Adelae was crying and Brinna was crying I looked and Ben and said "Well, this was a waste of money." Luckily, they both warmed up to it after a bit. It took us literally forcing Adelae to go down the slides in the kids area, but it worked. She was a pro after about 5 minutes.





Brinna was a wee bit overwhelmed by all the noise and the people. She pretty much stuck with me on the sidelines while Adelae played. That was ok with both of us. I did get her to sit in the little swing and in the water with me for a bit.

Surprisingly enough, she took really long naps both days we were there. At home I can't get her to sleep for more than 30 minutes at a time!

They also have a fantastic dry play area for babies, which was much more Brinna's speed.


Ben got to ride lots of crazy water slides that I would never ever attempt, cause I'm a big scaredy cat. He and Adelae also LOVED the wave pool.



I am so glad that we took the time to take a little mini vacation. We're contemplating going back this summer :)

1 comment:

Foursons said...

Looks like fun! We just got home from a waterpark a couple of hours ago.