Sunday, April 11, 2010

From My Phone


I'm blogging from my phone. How crazy is that? I can vividly remember the first time I used a computer. It was in the elementary school library. There was a black screen and various vivid green numbers and letters. No mouse. You had to type in the name of the program you were looking for. I think everyone my age remembers playing Oregon Trail for hours. It was impossible to win, everyone always died no matter what you did. But man, it was FUN!

I also remember the first cell phone I saw. It was my dad's massive bag phone. The thing was enormous and weighed as much as a small child, but it was so cool! Then came the handheld cells. Again, massive, but so cool!

It amazes me how far technology has come in such a short amount of time. Back then I would have never dreamed that my cell phone would be a computer or that my computer would be a phone.

It's so crazy to see my 3 year old using a computer like a pro (well, as much of a pro as a 3 yr old can be). I can't even begin to imagine how technology will advance in the next 20 years. I'm  excited to see what happens!

By the way, does anyone know if you can still play Oregon Trail?

1 comment:

Amber said...

I don't remember Oregon Trails. I'll have to look it up!

I do remember playing with my first computer - elementary school. I was a whiz at Peanuts Bowling! Loved it!

The first cell phone I ever saw was my dad's friend's and it was in a hard silver case, like a small briefcase. Nuts!

Technology is crazy. I can't imagine what anyone could come up with that we don't already have, but this time next year, heck, next month, there'll be something new that everyone just has to have.