Friday, February 15, 2008

To move or not to move. That is the question

Awhile back, Ben applied for a job at the BP Refinery in Toledo. He received a call stating that he had passed the initial screening process and they would like him to test for a position. He received the sample test in the mail the other day. It looks like a test he will do extremely well at. We're not sure how much the job pays, but I'm hoping it's more than he's making now. The one and only problem...We'll have to move back to OH. Now, as many of you know, I'm not such a big fan of Fort Wayne. For some reason this city just doesn't feel like home to either of us. We haven't really made any friends to speak of, not to mention the school systems here are pretty crappy. There is a large part of the city that is less then desireable to raise a child in. Now that we have a little one, we have to think of things like school systems and neighborhood placement. The bottom line is, I miss Ohio. I miss the familiarity of the Toledo, Bowling Green area. I miss my friends! Granted, most of them have moved, but there are still a few there. I sort of feel like I'm living in someone else's skin. I love that I'm so close to my family, but I don't really see them as much as I thought I would. I guess I imagined life differently here. We've been here for almost 2 years and I just don't see things getting any better. I've always said that one of the biggest mistakes we made was moving here. I left a great job to move. We moved to Indiana on a whim. I'm still not sure what we were thinking. We were actually going to move back after a year, but then Ben got his job at Didier. We were bound and determined to make this city our home, one way or another. But, now this other job opportunity has presented itself. We'd be foolish to turn it down. We don't even know if he'll get the job, but we're excited about going "home." Please keep your fingers crossed for us! I know that Ben really wants this job, and that means that I want it too!

No comments: