Thursday, February 12, 2009

17 errrr, I mean 15 weeks!

I thought for sure I had this pregnancy thing figured out! Well, I was wrong! I was so excited to get my ultrasound on Monday. I was really thinking that I was far enough along to find out the gender of the baby. But, the little bean had other plans! Turns out, the baby was only measuring about 15 weeks 2 days instead of 17 weeks 4 days. So, we weren't able to find out the gender. Everything else looked great though!!! The ultrasound technician did tell us that if she HAD to guess, she'd say a girl, but she wasn't very comfortable even telling us that. My doctor said he doubts that we'll get another ultrasound unless they missed something on this one. So, it looks like this little bean is going to be a surprise!!! (If you know me at all, you know I HATE surprises!) My new official due date is August 1. I'm also not very excited about being 9 months pregnant in July! Especially in a house with no air conditioning! YIKES!!! On the bright side, I do have the option of trying for a VBAC (vaginal birth after caesarean section).

Here are the ultrasound pictures of our little bean. My favorites are the last two. I love the last one the most. It looks like the baby is saying "I'm Number One!" (or picking it's nose.)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: