Friday, January 2, 2009

Our Little Bean

I know I'm a little late getting this posted, but it's been pretty hectic the last few weeks! I went to the doctor on December 22 for my very first prenatal checkup. After the problems I had while pregnant with Adelae, I was a little nervous. So far I haven't gained a pound! Actually, I lost two pounds! (The doctor assured me that was fine). My blood pressure was a little high. When I heard that I thought "Oh great...here we go again!" However, I did remind the nurse (and myself) that I was living out of a suitcase at that point. (The appointment just happened to be during that week we didn't have power.) She said that the stress could very well be a culprit of the high blood pressure, but they would keep an eye on it. We did have a bit of a scare when the doctor couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler. He sent me off to have an ultrasound, just to be on the safe side. The ultrasound tech had no problem locating our little bean. We got to see and hear a nice strong heartbeat. It was 167 bpm, which is just perfect! It was a huge relief for both Ben and I to actually see the baby.

Here is our very first picture of baby #2. Ben thinks it looks like a lion cub!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Ashley T said...

Lion cub? it looks like a bunny to me.. sweet little bunny! lol