Thursday, March 8, 2012

I Made A Choice

 

I made a choice yesterday. I decided to not let others negativity weigh me down. We all know that one person that complains about everything. I know I do. The person I’m thinking about complains about the cold, then complains when it gets warm, then complains because it’s raining, then it’s too dry, work is too busy, work is too slow, the list goes on and on. I consider myself a pretty positive person and the constant complaining really drags me down. I find myself getting really depressed. Instead of looking at the good in life I start focusing on the bad. When I’m at work I find myself getting short with my customers and that’s not like me at all.

I knew something had to change. So, I made a choice. I decided that I was going to not only find the positive side of every situation, but also make that positive side known. Someone complains about the cold? It’ll be over soon enough. Too much rain? It’s good for the grass! Job getting you down? At least you have a job!

After I decided to look on the bright side of life, I had a much better day. I enjoyed my time at work, I enjoyed my customers, I enjoyed my kids and husband much more. Just like a negative attitude, a positive attitude is catching. If you’re happy, then those around you will be too.

2 comments:

Foursons said...

We have been talking with Jakob a LOT lately about how attitude can make such a difference in how your day will go. I have been trying to take my own advice lately because life is not very fun when you're grumpy all the time!

jennifer anderson said...

so how's it going?!